Trust Wallet is leading the game of the blockchain Multi-wallet service with its simplicity and unique features, no wonder millions of users around the world has made Trust Wallet their choice to house their crypto assets.
with the surge of events, everyone wants to invest in cryptocurrency. After the thoughts of buying some cryptocurrency assets hit your mind, what next that should come to your mind should be where to store them. It’s one thing to buy digital assets and it’s another to have a safe and secure platform where you can store these assets. Trust wallet saves you the stress of having to dive through various exchanges to carry out your many cryptocurrency transactions, all these different activities can all be done in one space.
This article covers all you need to know about an easy-to-access and easy to use (be you’re a crypto newbie or a professional) wallet.
What Is Trust Wallet
Trust wallet is a mobile application that serves as a store utilized for safekeeping digital assets on the various available Blockchain networks (BEP2, Ethereum, ERC20/ERC223, and ERC721)
The Crypto world has been known to be highly volatile so it means that constant monitoring is needed. It also means you will need constant access to many activities in the crypto space which will allow you to carry out transactions with ease. This platform gives you access to buying and selling cryptocurrencies, monitoring the crypto market, and many other crypto-related transactions.
Features of Trust Wallet
Although we call refer to this crypto platform as a wallet, it’s more than that since it gives access to so many other beautiful cryptocurrency transactions.
DApps–Trust wallet comes with a decentralized apps browser that gives you access to a variety of vendors and exchanges that accept cryptocurrency as payment for their services/products, as well as swap your assets across the multiple digital options.
Card Purchase –One of the major reasons why this application has gained a lot of traction is the fact that it allows you to use your bank cards for the purchase of cryptocurrency. This transaction is very fast, easy and allows you to deal with other crypto transactions after purchasing. This feature on other crypto wallets, applications have bug issues but Trust Wallet has this feature working fine
Multi Coin Wallet –We have a lot of cryptocurrencies available in the world today and trust wallet is one of the crypto wallets that gives you access to a very large percentage of these coins. The platform allows you to carry out transactions involving different coins all in one space.
Security –To ensure that your digital assets are safely stored and no third party has access to them, this wallet gives you secure passphrases that give just you the “wallet owner” access to the treasures inside of it. It is indeed an application that fends for both your transactions and security all at once.
How to Set Up Trust Wallet
The steps needed to get your application up and running are quite a few; they are as follows;
- Download the trust wallet application on your mobile phone. For those using Android phones, you can get the trust wallet application on the Google play store while those using apple phones can get the application in the Apple Store.
- After downloading the application, run the application on your phone and click on the CREATE A NEW WALLET option
- You should see a new window open with your 12 security phrases. In this step, you are to copy the 12 phrases and store them in a place where they won’t be lost. You are to preserve these 12 words because it is the backup for your crypto assets, losing it will mean losing access to your wallet. You must note that the order in which the security phrase was shown is the same order in which you should store them.
- Your next step is the confirmation stage where you input the 12 security words that were shown to you in the former window, after this confirmation your wallet is ready to use.
These four steps are all the steps you need to set up your application for all crypto transactions possible on this platform.
How to Add Tokens To Trust Wallet
The addition of tokens to the trust wallet is as easy as setting it up seeing it supports a lot of blockchains and has thousands of tokens listed on it. Note that by default you have Bitcoin, BNB and Ethereum displayed in your multi-coin wallet window.
Here are the easy steps to add tokens to your trust wallet
- Click on the toggle button which you will find at the top right-hand corner of the trust wallet window.
- A window displaying thousands of coins and tokens will open. Scroll to find your desired token or type the name of the token in the search bar and click on it
- You will find a toggle button by the side of your desired token, click on the toggle button to add the desired token.
After the above steps have been completed, the desired token will appear on the home page of the trust wallet.
The second way to add tokens is by using their contract address. This is basically because not all existing tokens have been added to the trust wallet database.
Steps to add custom token
- Type in the name of the desired token and if it has not been added to the trust wallet database, it will display a message “no asset found.” Underneath this message, you will find a button displayed as “Add Custom Token.”
- Click on the Add Custom Token button and it will take you to another window where you will fill in the information of the token
- Select Smart Chain as the supported network
- Paste the contract address in the box provided and all the other information concerning the token will be filled in automatically. You can also scan the QR code of the token if you have it on another device and the contract address will be pasted, after which all other information of the token will also be filled in automatically.
- Next click on the SAVE button and you have successfully added a custom token.
Note that if this token has not been added, enlisted on Coin Market Cap, the price of the token will not show up.
You can watch this video for more information
How to Buy, Send and Receive Tokens on Trust Wallet
Remember how we earlier called trust wallet one solution of many problems; here are steps to buying tokens on trust wallet
- Launch your trust wallet application
- Click on the token you want to buy and you’ll be taken to another window
- At the top right-hand corner of this window, you will find the buy button. Click on the buy button
- Input the desired price of the token you want to purchase and click on next
- You will be redirected to a window where you will do the payment
With the above steps, you can successfully purchase tokens on trust wallet
Steps To Send Tokens on Trust Wallet
- Launch your application on your mobile phone
- Click on the token you want to send and the next page displays several options including the send option. Click on the send button
- In the window that opens, fill in the wallet address of the recipient and the amount of token to be sent and click on continue
- A confirmation page opens up which displays the information from the former window. When you have gone through the information and confirmed that all imputed data is correct, click on send and your transaction is complete
You will successfully send tokens if you follow the steps outlined above
Steps To Receive Tokens on Trust Wallet
- Launch your application
- Click on the token you want to receive and you’ll be redirected to another window
- In the window that opens click on the receive button
- A page opens up displaying a QR code with some options underneath. Click on the copy button to copy your token wallet address or scan the QR code using the device that wants to send the token to you
With your wallet address, the sender can make a transfer of tokens to you.
How to Connect Trust Wallet to DApps
This is one of the easiest things you can do on your trust wallet application.
1. First, launch the application
2. On the home page you will find the settings button at the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on the settings button
3. In the settings page, select preferences
4. The preference page opens, click on the DApp browser option and enable it
Simply put Open Trust Wallet> Settings > Preferences >DApp browser > Enable
With these steps, you have successfully connected your trust wallet application to DApps. To use the DApps browser after the above connection, click on the DApp option at the bottom of the screen on the home page.
How To Stake Tokens Using Trust Wallet
You are not left out if you’re looking to stake any token. You do not need a different platform as the platform has this embedded in it.
Steps for staking tokens
1. As always you must first lunch your trust wallet application
2. Click on the token you want to stake
3. In the windows that open, click on the MORE buttons
4. Next click on the stake button in the window that opens
5. Input the amount of the token you want to stake and click on the Next button
6. Click on the SEND button as a confirmation and you have successfully staked your desired token
Cross Chain Swap on Trust Wallet
In the recent upgrade made to the trust wallet application, a new feature called the CROSS CHAIN SWAP was added. The cross-chain swap enables the conversion of tokens between Binance Smart Chain and Binance Chain. This means you can change your BEP20 tokens to BEP2 tokens and also change your BEP2 tokens to BEP20 tokens. Note that this swap involves network fees which allow the application to send the tokens from one Binance chain to the other. To successfully carry out this swap you must have BNB in your Binance Chain for BEP2 token and BNB in your Smart Chain for BEP20 token
Using Trust Wallet Token (TWT) as an example we will walk you through steps to carry out a cross-chain swap on your trust wallet
1. First launch the application on your phone and then click on Trust Wallet Token
2. In the window that opens, click on the More button
3. You will be given some options if your wallet is on the smart chain, one of your options will be swapped to Binance Chain
4. click on swap to Binance chain and input the amount of TWT you want to swap
5. Click on the SWAP button to continue your transaction
6. Your next step is to click on the SEND button after which you wait for the swap to be processed.
The above steps are for the conversion of both BEP2 to BEP20 and BEP20 to BEP2
Where can I download the trust wallet?
You can download the trust wallet mobile application from Google play store for android users, Apple Store for IOS users
Can I purchase tokens on a Trust wallet?
Yes, you can purchase tokens on the Trust wallet. Trust Wallet has partners that have their services as part of the features of the application which allows you to make purchases with ease
Is trust wallet safe?
Yes, the Trust wallet is very safe. The mobile application uses standard industry procedures to keep your wallet encrypted. Trust wallet does not even have access to your security phrase as it is automatically generated. The security standard allows only the owner of the wallet access to the security phrase and all transactions carried out are encrypted to stop third-party intervention.
From the beginning, owning digital assets became possible, cryptocurrency has not been the problem, the problem has always been getting a secure platform where these assets can be stored. The trust wallet application did not only provide a secure platform for storing cryptocurrencies but also provided a platform for carrying out crypto-based transactions without any third-party intervention.
At the end of the day, every human appreciates the use of one solution for many problems. Trust wallet mobile application is that platform, with ease for both newbies and professionals. You must note that trust wallet would not be held responsible for wrong transactions, so you must confirm the address you are sending assets to before sending, this is part of the reason why there is a confirmation page for all transactions.